The default authentication provider used in
Ajenti is the OS provider which allows all users of the system to log in.
auth_users provides an alternative way to authenticate users, and to create custom users. All users data are stored in plain text, in
/etc/ajenti/users.yml (but this is configurable).
The default view presents a list of current users and let you:
- add a new user,
- manage the properties of an existing user,
- delete an existing user.
The property modal window displays some utilities per account:
- system account: all user accounts must be bound to a system account in order to set the privileges. An user bound to
rootwil have all privileges, but an user bound to a system user account like
arnaudwill only have the privileges of the system user
- password change: only a hash is stored, not the password itself,
- set the email: for notifications or password reset function,
- select the sidebar entries and permissions of the user.
Don’t forget to SAVE the changes when updating an user.